The University of Fredericton is pleased to offer a second comprehensive certificate in Ergonomics: the Applied Ergonomics Coordinator Certificate. The three-course, Applied Ergonomics Coordinator Certificate is comprised of the Foundations and Advanced courses with a third, Guided Practicum course.*
*Students who have previously completed the Ergonomics Coordinator Certificate are invited to apply to this second, advanced study of ergonomics and need only complete the Guide Practicum to receive the Applied Ergonomics Coordinator Certificate.
Why this program is needed: Designed to enable workplace safety personnel and health professionals to deal with ergonomics issues that often arise in the workplace from poor design of workstations and workplaces, this comprehensive ergonomics course introduces an integrated approach to Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) Prevention using major North American ergonomics guidelines.
For whom this program is designed: Professions and occupations having particular interest in this course: Health and Safety Professionals, Safety Advisors and Officers, Health and Safety Committee members, Industrial Hygienists, Kinesiologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Human Resource and Personnel Managers, Insurance Providers, Disability Managers, Case Managers, Nurses, Union Leaders, and Business Managers.
Our goal: This Certificate will equip graduates with ergonomic skills to enable them to address MSD issues in their workplace, as well as enabling effective prevention programs to minimize MSD risks.
- Be familiar with ergonomics requirements in various local and global jurisdictions
- Understand how psychological and social factors can lead to increased MSD reporting in the workplace
- Conduct computer workstation assessments and make
- Conduct industrial ergonomics assessments
- Determine risk of MSD based on task analysis
- Devise ergonomics risk controls using the hierarchy of risk control
- Create a physical demands description of a job
- Implement participative ergonomics projects and programs in the workplace
Timeline: The Ergonomics Guided Practicum course is self-directed and does not follow a pre-set timeline. Students are encouraged to finish this course in 16 weeks. This course is in addition to the Ergonomics Coordinator Certificate, which has two 8 week courses that run back-to-back.
The Online Experience: The course is delivered completely online with weekly online classroom sessions. Students will participate in “live” and interactive seminars and/or conferences with experienced instructors.
Tuition: Tuition for the Applied Ergonomics Coordinator Certificate course is $2880.00 CAD.*
Tuition is payable up-front or course-at-a-time. Each course is $950 CAD plus $10 for the library access. There is one required textbook which is not included in the tuition.
* The tuition for the Ergonomics Coordinator Guided Practicum is under review; however, until the review is complete, the tuition will remain at $950.00 plus a $10 online library access fee.
Applied Ergonomics Coordinator Certificate
ERG 112 - Ergonomics Foundations
ERG 221 - Advanced Ergonomics
ERG 321 - Ergonomics Certificate Guided Practicum
Upcoming Start Dates:
May 8, September 4
Applicants are required to complete an online application form on the website. Simply click on the Apply Now button and begin the process of the application.
Learn more about us and our courses by requesting an information package online.