The UFred Academic Policy Manual can be viewed online or downloaded in PDF format. The online handbook covers a broad range of academic topics including admission selection, course cancellation, grading, transcript protection, and more.
Our Grading Philosophy – Not Just Content
At the University of Fredericton, we are focused on professional development whereby each student has an opportunity to evolve as a professional and/or leader. To evolve, one must master new knowledge – but one must also demonstrate an ability to listen, to develop one’s personal credibility to a point where one’s considered and stated opinions are heard and respected, to engage in constructive and positive discourse about contentious issues, to contribute substantively and positively to your current team’s assignment, and to contribute meaningfully to decisions about your organization’s future. For these reasons, the degree earned is not simply about the mastery of content – it is also about full-fledged development as a professional and/or leader.
Thus, a grade for a particular course is much more than a reflection of demonstrated new knowledge – it is also a reflection of our assessment of the candidate’s potential to assume a professional and/or leadership role in an organization. To assist this process of professional evolution, within each course the University exposes students to vClass seminars and debates, the Discussion Forum, group projects, and a peer evaluation system that altogether permit students to evolve, and showcase their evolution. Thus, by incorporating evidence from all of these venues, the grade awarded is a reflection of how the professor and peers have perceived not only the student’s mastery of new knowledge, but also mastery of professional conduct.
- EMBA Course Withdrawal Form
- MBA Course Withdrawal Form
- Diploma to Degree Course Withdrawal Form
- Certificate in Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace Course Withdrawal Form
- Diploma in Safety, Health, and Environmental Management (SHEM) Course Withdrawal Form
- Integrated Disability Management Professional Diploma (IDMP) Course Withdrawal Form
- Certificate in Disability Management Course Withdrawal Form
- Ergonomics Coordinator Certificates Course Withdrawal Form
- Continuing Education Units Course Withdrawal Form
- Certificate in Health, Safety and Environmental Processes (CHSEP) Course Withdrawal Form